Internet Supersearcher Class for State Employees
Description: This class will give you the tools you need to search for information and documents on the internet like a pro! This training will focus on the various search features of Google, but many of the tips and strategies you will learn can be transferred to other search engines/platforms. Search strategies, basic Boolean search concepts, basic and advanced search operators will all be covered, as will specialized search engines such as the Internet Archive Wayback Engine.
Audience: State of Oregon employees, agency affiliated consultants & interns
Attendees will be able to:
- Form complex searches using Boolean search concepts
- Use basic and advanced search operators in Google
- Create alerts in Google for web content and news sources
- Know how to use the Internet Archive "Wayback Engine" to find historic sources
Attendees will also learn about our other services including website, databases, eclips, etc.
Register for this class HERE via your iLearn account.
Related LibGuide: Internet Supersearcher Class for State Employees by Dave Hegeman
- Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)